Sunday, August 12, 2007

Meme, pronounced mem, "selfish meme"


I’ve been tagged!
I exist, yay.
Actually I let myself get caught. i asked for it, such a sad one.
An “8 Random Things About Me” meme.
(talks to self, aside: whats a meme, infectious viral thingy; sounds like STD's...how do I do the symbol thingy- save that for another day; tells self: I am not selfish, will play well with friends, if i had any....)

The rules are:
1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged

So here are my 8 random things:

1. I dont know what a meme is, I think I'm meant to, seems i think i get a handle on it and then it mutates
2. Sometimes i get scared of what educators do to people
3. I am owned by two Siamese cats, Frodo is developmentally challenged, Rose is in charge.
4. I have two goldfish, one is incredibly demanding, bites at the side of the bowl to ask to be fed. I am not putting my hand in the water, he is incredibly aggressive (How do you sex a goldfish anyway????)
5. My first car Alice, was a triumph herald, shiny chrome, navy enamel, too high maintenance
6. I am currently reading Harry Potter instead of my PhD readings
7. I want vodafone to sponsor my PhD
8. I <3 web 2.0; involvement to a depth i choose, chasing delicious clouds, entering into learning what, when, and where I want to, and with whom i want to (assuming there on the net, and alive or at least tracings of their writings are).
9. My laptop wont keep a charge for more than 29 minutes :( This limits the learning where i want to...
10. I am culturally colonized; i like starbucks, my computer no longer holds a charge long enough to make it worth taking her there

Now time to play tag...
I dont have enough online blogging friends , but please if you want to play let me know

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:09 AM

    This distracted me ... I wondered if it would be like determining the sex of baby mice ... an ability I developed in a past life ... and thanks to Everything you could ever want to know about sexing goldfish I can truthfully answer that it is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont you just love what web 2.0 can do 4 u? Even my rhetorical questions evoke inquisitiveness that is just plain scary. Thanks to Arti, I too now know all i could ever want to about sexing a goldfish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:52 PM

    You know Ailsa - one day we are just going to have to be reckless enough to meet F2F and share a bottle of Pinot Noir together

    ReplyDelete